Fund the Gap: Goal Achieved!
Your family’s donation, combined with those from other families, individuals and organizations throughout the San Gabriel area, have made it possible for SEF to fund the following programs for the 2012-2013 school year:
- K-3 Music Instruction at all 5 elementary schools (fully-funding), and increasing to approximately 15 lessons per class during the year.
- Visual Art Instruction for 2nd and 3rd grade students at all 5 elementary schools (fully-funding 6 six lessons per grade at each school)
- Support for all 4th and 5th grade music programs, including providing the take-home Recorders for the 4th graders.
Jefferson Middle School:
- Thanks to funding from SEF, Jefferson Middle School will offer a new Drama/Performing Arts elective this Fall!
- After-school staffing for the Jefferson library/media center (fully-funding)
- Support for the AVID program, Mock Trial and Speech & Debate teams
- The purchase and implementation of Naviance Succeed, a web-based program that provides college and career assistance to students and parents
- Funds to support the Gabrielino High School band
- After-school staffing for the Gabrielino library/media center (fully-funding)
- Support for the AVID program, Mock Trial, FBLA and Speech & Debate teams
- Program support for Del Mar High School
Funding for the above programs was also supported through generous grants from the Pasadena Showcase House for the Arts and the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation. Thank You to both of these organizations!