Register for SEF’s Virtual Workshop: Understanding Stress and Anxiety in Children
English Workshop Registration deadline: September 25th
Please review and agree to the below disclaimers before completing the registration form.
SEF members, officers and/or their representatives may occasionally take photographs or film of participants at any SEF event (e.g. holiday events, gala, programs, classes, workshops, etc.) for publicity and informational purposes. These photos or films will be used to either highlight the respective event and/or participants and may be used in SEF’s publicity materials, including but not limited to, articles in SEF newsletters, brochures and public service announcements.
Agreement and Waiver:
An expert in mental health will provide participants in the SEF Mental Health Awareness parent workshop with information. It is understood and expressly agreed to by the participant, to release, indemnify and hold harmless the San Gabriel Educational Foundation, its agents, employees, contractors, the San Gabriel Unified School District, volunteers, presenters, and the City of San Gabriel from any and all liability of any kind for any damage and/or injury incurred in connection with the participant’s participation in the workshop. It is also understood that as the participant, you accept any risks inherent to your participation. We recommend you always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any physical or mental health program.
As an express condition to participation in the adult only workshop, you must agree to the following terms. If you disagree with any of these terms, do not register to participate. Your registration and any participation in instructional activities mentioned during the workshop mean that you are agreeing to be legally bound by these terms.
- By registering in the workshop you are NOT engaging in a therapeutic relationship. If you need therapy, you need to engage the services of a mental health professional. Although Dr. Maria Luz Martinez & Dr. Nicolas Beliz are clinical psychologists and licensed clinical social workers, in providing the services offered here, they are not offering therapy, nor are they responsible for any mental health issues you or a family member may have.
- There may be risks associated with participating in the workshop with Dr. Maria Luz Martinez & Dr. Nicolas Beliz for people with pre-existing mental health conditions. Because these risks exist, you will not participate in such activities if you have a pre-existing mental health condition that may result in undue emotional risk.
- You are expected to use your own good judgment in taking any actions that may relate to our discussions or given in the workshop. Dr. Martinez & Dr. Beliz are in no way responsible for your actions. All decisions and actions are ultimately yours and yours alone to make.
If you choose to participate, you do so of your own free will and accord, knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks associated with such activities, content, information, and/or resources provided by SEF’s parent workshop, is for informational and educational enrichment purposes only. All information is provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind either express or implied. The San Gabriel Educational Foundation, its agents, employees, contractors the San Gabriel Unified School District, Dr. Maria Luz Martinez, Dr. Nicolas Beliz, volunteers, and the City of San Gabriel, without limitations, are not responsible for any injuries which may occur as a result of:
- Your use of information & resources provided.
- The sudden and unforeseen malfunctioning of any technical device during the workshop.
- Our instruction, training, supervision, or recommendation.
The information does not contain professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in any manner. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition. Always consult your physician before beginning any physical or mental health program or following any advice from the workshop.