Supporting Public Education in San Gabriel
Parents created the San Gabriel Educational Foundation, or SEF, in 1986, to bridge a gap in government funding and provide programs at all schools in the San Gabriel Unified School District. We support a quality public education in our community by providing opportunities that would otherwise be unavailable. Programs are customized to the needs of each of our eight campuses and range from the arts to debate and math. The independent 501(c)(3) non-profit depends on help from community members for its survival. Since its inception, SEF has donated nearly $1 million to support students.
It is my pleasure and honor to announce on behalf of the San Gabriel Educational Foundation (SEF) Board of Directors that we proudly support the students of the San Gabriel Unified School District (SGUSD). In the 2019/20 academic year, with YOUR generous donations we are able to fund programs supporting our students.
Where does your money go you ask?
- Impact of Programs and Grants Supported by the Foundation in the 2019/2020 academic year are:
- Kinder and Fifth Grade Performance Programming Classes
- Distinguished Author Presentation Assemblies
- District Wide Elementary School Reading Challenge
- District Wide Book Distributions
- Jefferson Middle School “Food for Thought” After School Academy Cooking Classes
- Gabrielino High School Speech & Debate
- Gabrielino High School College Counseling Program, Naviance
- Gabrielino High School After School Library Hours
- Del Mar High School Field Trip
- Virtual Reality Programming, Special Education
- Parent Workshops
- District Wide Community Builder
- District Wide School Supplies Distribution
SEF serves the schools, teachers, students and families of the SGUSD. That’s eight public schools, almost 5,000 students and approximately 248 teachers. As the philanthropic partner to the school district, we actively forge partnerships and develop community collaborations, grants, events and public awareness in support of student achievement through the backing of high quality education.
We are fortunate to live and work in an incredible community and our kids deserve the best education available. Our work for 2020/21 is not yet done…we are striving to increase community and family participation and need your help in reaching our goal. EVERY dollar counts…no amount is too small to donate…it ALL adds up! ALL the money raised directly benefits the students. From moms and dads to grandparents, neighbors and community business owners…everyone can join our cause! In fact, it is as simple as asking 10 people to invest $10 in SEF. We invite you to make your tax deductible donation today!
Interested in joining our team? The SEF Board of Directors is comprised of people like you who support educational opportunities, innovative programming and equity for all of the students of the SGUSD. Contact the office today at (626) 451-5465!
As always, I welcome your ideas, your enthusiasm and your support. When the San Gabriel Community connects, everybody wins!
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy fall!!
SEF Board President 2020-21
Coolidge Elementary & Gabrielino High parent, Project Manager, Brewer Direct, Inc.