The San Gabriel Educational Foundation is pleased to partner with community members and businesses large and small who share our values and our vision and welcome sponsors wishing to foster academic excellence in public education.
We invite you to participate in this opportunity to increase your business or organization’s visibility by becoming a sponsor of Dream. Imagine. Create.
We need your support to make our goals a success. Your investment as a charitable partner signifies to the San Gabriel community and all of its stakeholders your commitment to supporting local organizations and the students we serve.
We are extremely grateful to you for your financial support of our event. As a 501c3 nonprofit organization, fundraising and sponsorship play an integral role in our operations. Your financial support is essential to providing educational and support programs for students in San Gabriel public schools and our work would not be possible without the overwhelming support of community and business sponsors like you. Thank you!
Make sure you are recognized for your extraordinary level of support! We welcome and accept sponsorships and donations at all times throughout the duration of the event. However, only those received by the deadline of April 9, 2021 will be recognized in print media.
All Sponsors: Please list your individual, company or organization name to be used in promotional materials, indicating exactly how it should appear, including capital letters and abbreviations.
Event Sponsors: In addition to the above, please email your logo and any guidelines for use to SEFArtExhibition@gmail.com.
SEF's Art Exhibition Sponsorship
A. Acceptance of Terms
B. SEF’s Obligation to You
- SEF will randomly pair rising 6th graders with each other to write email correspondence every other week starting September 14th, 2020 the last letter received by November 20th, 2020.
- SEF will assign each pair of participants a writing prompt every other week to facilitate conversation.
- NOTE: These prompts are meant primarily to help aid the writing process. Participants should feel free to write about whatever they wish along with the writing prompt, as long as the topic follows the terms set forth in this agreement.
C. Parent/Participant Obligations
- Parents will accept liability for some events which may occur. See Indemnification.
- Parents will read and comply with all aspects of the TOU. If there are any aspects which you do not fully understand you will seek clarification by calling the SEF office at 626-451-5465 or by emailing SEFpenpalprogram@gmail.com.
- Participants must be entering the 6th grade in the 2020/2021 school year and be enrolled at Jefferson Middle School.
- Students must have parent/guardian permission to participate in the Program.
- Parents should review the emails their student is writing and receiving to ensure no inappropriate or private information is being transmitted.
- Participants should not in any way share any private information received from the participant’s pen pal.
D. Security and Privacy
Any information collected by SEF during this Program will be used solely for the facilitation of the Program and will not be shared in any way with 3rd parties. Furthermore, SEF volunteers facilitating the Program will screen all content written by participants before allowing the content to be sent to its intended recipient.
You agree that SEF and its authorized employees and volunteers can access your student’s written content during the Program to fulfill the obligations under this Agreement.
SEF reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain, and/or disclose in good faith any information it believes that such action or disclosure is necessary to conform to legal and government requirements, or to protect and defend the rights of SEF or enforce the TOU.
E. Participant Registration
To register for the Pen Pal Program, you and your child agree to:
- Provide current, complete and accurate information about yourself (the registration data).
- To represent only yourself during the Program, and no other persons, living, dead, or imagined.
- Under no circumstances does SEF have any obligations under the Agreement to check the accuracy or truthfulness of the registration data of any participant.
You agree that SEF, in its sole discretion, may terminate your student’s participation in the Program, if SEF believes that the participant violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOU.
F. Member Conduct
As a condition of participation in the Program, parents and students guarantee to SEF that they will not do anything that is unlawful and/or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
Parents and students agree to abide by all applicable local, state, and national laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts that are made by the student during the Program. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree NOT to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, distribute and/or disseminate any harmful, obscene, indecent, unlawful, profane, defamatory, infringing, inappropriate, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material or information.
- Transmit, any material that contains in any form software viruses or such programs as including but not limited to, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots, computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
G. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT SEF SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR:
- PROVIDED THAT SEF HAS FULFILLED ITS SECURITY OBLIGATIONS, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED DURING THE PROGRAM.
- ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT, SAVE THAT SEF SHALL BE ENTITLED TO REMOVE IT IN ALL PRACTICABLE SPEED AFTER SEF HAS REVIEWED PARTICIPANT’S CONTENT AND DISCOVERED THE OFFENDING CONTENT.
- CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTICIPANT OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF ANOTHER’S RIGHTS.
- ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE PROGRAM YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE PARTICIPATION.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SEF, volunteers, affiliates, officers, employees, and the San Gabriel Unified School District from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable legal fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct during the Program.
I. TOU Violations
Please report any violations of the TOU by calling the SEF office at 626-451-5465 or by emailing SEFpenpalprogram@gmail.com. WE WILL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION PRIVATE AND SECURE AS WE INVESTIGATE THE INCIDENT AND DETERMINE NEXT STEPS.
J. Entire Agreement
These TOU constitute the entire agreement between SEF and the student and their parent/guardian and supersede any previous agreement or understanding between SEF and the student and their parent/guardian.
SEF’s After School Cooking Class at JMS, Food for Thought, is back and in high demand! The class is full and we are no longer accepting registrations for the upcoming session. Please check the website for upcoming Spring, 2019 classes.